After Half A Year Later...

  • 0
*dusted off the microphone*

GREETINGS, EVERYONE, and welcome to my long-abandoned blog! It's a bright and sunny Thursday afternoon, and you must be wondering how on earth did I find time to write a post during what supposed to be a hectic period of my life. Fear not, my beloved readers, since I've just finished my frigging exam! Hard to believe, I know, but I finally can taste what freedom feels like.

OK, I'mma cut off the exaggeration bullshit now.

I didn't blog as often as I would like to since 1) I don't have the time to properly sit and ponder on what I want to write, 2) even if I have the time, I usually wasted it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other useless and unproductive stuff, and 3) there's nothing much really to write. I just don't have the mojo or inspiration or whatever you call it. I don't even draw that much now. Y'know how sometimes in class I would sneakily doodle other people when I was bored? Not anymore. Probably because 1) Most of the classes previously were done in a room where you can actually sit and take notes and 2) I am paying attention in the class even more right now than before.

Anyway, here I am, after about half a year later (since the last post). I don't know when will I have the time to write again, since I am in my final year of medical school, and Professional Exam is coming soon, and I will be getting married after that, and then there's this housemanship, and et cetera.

Currently, I'm in the study/student room in my faculty, abusing the wifi to download my favourite TV show aka The Blacklist. Was 80% done when the stupid wifi decided to reset its connection so now I have to start all over again. While waiting, I thought, why not writing, right?

Yesterday was the last paper of Surgical Senior Posting (SSP). Honestly, I didn't study as much and as hard I would like to. But I think I can answer most of the questions, except for the MCQ's. LOL I sucked really bad in that one. LEQ, on the other hand was quite OK, it's just that I couldn't remember certain key points which are important to answer certain questions, even though I've read about it the night before. Sucks, right? And to think that I remembered a post credit scene I've watched about two years ago.....

Having said that, I think I've been pretty lucky throughout my clinical years. I mean, my clinical skills are bad, I rarely practice the physical examinations, and yet I managed to pass every single rotation, even though I probably only get the passing marks. Plus, most of the cases I got are the common cases - yes, I know, common is common. I hated neurology, both the examination and the theory, and luckily I never get it for my clinical exam. Well, I did get Parkinson's disease as one of my short cases, and of course I did kinda bad, but whatevs.

Anyway, yes, I'm lucky, but what will happen if my luck runs out? How sure am I that I won't get those cases when I become a real doctor? *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment

You know that you want to.