Celcom First Gold Internet Plan Review

  • 0
Celcom is a lying scammer scumbag?

OK, first of all, let me just say that I am a devoted Celcom user for more than 5 years now. And when the First Gold Voice Call plan came out, I managed to persuade a couple of my friends to convert to that plan. Even when there are plenty of other plans out there, I still stick with Celcom through thick and thin.

But what happened to me recently is just pissing me off.

Let me tell you from the start.

I usually depend on my First Gold Voice Call plan, which offers a total of 10GB of monthly data - please don't be deceived by the seemingly large number as you only get a total of 5GB all day and another 1.25GB every weekend - whenever I need to go online. I'm a heavy user, so I usually maxed out the data by 2nd week.

Last Friday, which was 2 days ago, I was dying to use the internet (and of course my quota was finished). Tried to use the wifi in my campus (yes, I even willing to drive that far for free wifi) but there was some sort of problem. Pissed, I was determined to subscribe to another data plan.

Since I already have a broadband, I prefer to subscribe to a plan without having to buy another device. And since I don't think I'll be needing the plan for a long time, I prefer to subscribe to one without contract. And something cheap, since I'm currently unemployed. Maxis is out of the question (I was under tge impression that it's frigging expensive but I haven't confirmed it haha), and both Digi and Yes have contracts and a device will come with it (albeit Yes' is free). So Celcom seemed to be the reasonable choice.

After happily subscribing to Celcom (I must say, their customer service deserved a shoutout. Two thumbs up!), I went back home, insert the sim card to my broadband and surf the net. Browsed some websites which have quite a lot of images for maybe around 3-4 hours (maybe 5 hours?) and Skype video call for maybe 20 minutes. Yesterday, which was Saturday, I went online again, in which I mostly browsed websites which has less images than the night before.

Now, tell me, is it logical to use up all those 5GB of monthly data AND 1.25GB weekend data in just 2 days of usage? Oh and don't tell me it's because of the Skype video call, because I googled how much data used in a typical video call and it said 1GB in 1 hour of call if the video was in high quality. Even my friend, who is using the First Gold Voice plan was pissed with Celcom because she used up her data in just 1 week, while in her previous plan, she never or barely finished all her data.

Anyway, I'm off for now. Sigh.

---------------------

Update: Last night I made a complaint on their online customer service because I was so upset about this. And today I received a call from Celcom customer service regarding my complaint, and the customer service guy said he'll make a report regarding this issue. Hopefully I'll get some sort of compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know that you want to.