The problem of being an introvert is...

  • 2
I don't have lots of friends. Oh wait, did I sound pathetic?

But that's true. Yes, I have 371 friends on Facebook, 145 followers (who mostly I suspect are bots) on Twitter and 11 followers on my blog (not that I'm counting), but if I pinpoint these numbers to the number of people that I actually talk to, that I actually care about (not simply because I want to stalk them), I might only left with roughly 10 people. Or less.

This realization dawned on me when I was removing some of my friends from FB. Seeing all those names that I hardly communicate with made me rethink the point of social network. Or at least the point of *me* making an account on FB, since nobody really contacts me through it. It's certainly not so I could get game requests (which I would simply block afterwards - it's so easy, why don't those people who complained and telling others to stop sending them game requests simply blocked those games?), and certainly not so I could be spammed by those malicious apps.

I guess the main problem here is me. If you've read my previous post about blood type B personality, you would immediately get what I meant (or so I hope). I'm unsociable. And I have mostly the characters of a phlegmatic. An introvert. I don't know how to start a conversation, how to keep the conversation going. Not even in the virtual world, when I was chatting with a complete stranger, where you could talk about almost anything. Even when I'm with my section-mates (or classmates, whatever), I prefer to keep quiet, listening to their chatters than participating.

I'm not sure if I could one day overcome this problem of mine. I really wish I could, because it's hindering me from making friends. Yes, it's not easy for me to make new friends. To be honest, I'm still not used to my section-mates, even when it's almost the end of our second year. I don't think I've managed to establish a relationship with them similar to my relationship with my high school friends (come to think of it, even my high school friends rarely contact me, sobs).

To end this post, I would like to ask you, why did you add me on FB/follow my Twitter/blog, if you don't talk to me (especially on FB)?

2 comments:

  1. Y U NO CONTACT ME? (insert: foreveralone.jpg)

    Ahahaha. As an introvert, I face the same thing. I am a boring person to talk to/about. But I don't care.

    A little back, we learnt something about Erikson's theory of personality and in it, we learnt that introvert is not a disease.

    It's simply a group of people. They can withstand harsh situation/environment. Being extrovert is no good (or, for the least, equally as good to introvert). Both have their own pros and cons.

    So don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem?
    Apa masalahnya?
    Bukan kuantiti kawan, tapi kualiti!

    ReplyDelete

You know that you want to.