The Perfect Birthday Present

  • 0
Buying birthday presents is such a hassle. You wonder what the person likes, either he will like what you bought for him, will he like the colour of the present, the smell of the present (if you bought him a perfume), or if he already has the stuff you bought for him.

To quote Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory,
The entire institution of gift giving make no sense. Let's say that I go out, and I spend 50 dollars on you, it's a laborious activity, because I have to imagine what you need, where as you know what you need. Now I could simplify things, just give you the 50 dollars directly, and you could give me 50 dollars on my birthday, and so on, until one of us dies, leaving the other one old and 50 dollars richer. And I ask, is it worth it?
Well, I don't really mind the 'dying and leaving the other 50 dollars richer' part. Just the 'what-to-buy-for-you' part. I don't really get lots of birthday presents, and I don't mind that since I don't really like having lots of stuff around. Plus, when one did give me one, I feel obliged to do the same during his birthday. But most of the time I didn't (refer to the first paragraph), which makes me feel guilty.

So anyway, since my birthday is 2 months away, I will just make it easier for you guys who are wondering what to give for me. Here's the link to my last year's wishlist.

But in case you came to this post to find out *the* perfect present for someone, regardless the gender or the age, and not to know my wishlist (sobs, don't you care about me?), these are two gift ideas that you can never go wrong with.

First: Money. (refer to the quote above for explanation).
Second: Gift vouchers. Which basically just the same as giving money actually. It's much better than actually giving a gift, because the person then can redeem the voucher with whatever he likes, instead of you buying the gift yourself and taking the risk that the gift will be disliked by the recipient.

Ahh don't give me that BS saying it's the thought that counts. Surely deep down you still hate that dorky sweater and swear you'll never ever wear it. Even though it's your best friend who gave you that. (just an example, not a real-life situation).

Remember, the easiest and most perfect and ideal present is either money or gift vouchers.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know that you want to.