The different kinds of pain you will feel post delivery

  • 0

Hi! What I planned to write before I started working again has been delayed until now lol. I’m writing this not to scare anyone who will be pregnant/delivering soon but just for my own reminiscence. So let’s get down to it.

OK so after you safely delivered your baby and also not to forget, your placenta, they will check if your perineum needs any repair. If yes, well there goes your first pain. And if it’s labial tear, good luck to you. As I have mentioned in my previous post, I legit screamed during the first stitch. Luckily I didn’t squish my daughter - who was on top of me for skin-to-skin. 


Next, the most dreaded situation after you given birth is...going to the toilet. I still remember that I wanted to pee few hours after giving birth but I was like nope not going to happen and I tried to squeeze my pee hole (lol) so that I wouldn’t pee but then of course my urine is still inside my bladder and trying to escape and I knew that if I didn’t go to the toilet I would definitely pee on the bed lol. So I slowly went to the toilet - my bed (in the labour room) was super messy and bloody lol - and even after I sat on the toilet bowl I was still dreading to pee then I was like oh to hell with it and peed. And slowly and silently cried in pain haha. I think mine was super bad because I had labial tear. I think the pain persisted for almost a month maybe? But decreasing in intensity so no worries. You will survive. I don’t have any problem in pooping though. But I try to eat more fibre to prevent constipation. 


OK so you would think that once you become a mother, your maternal instinct will kick in and breastfeeding will be a breeze. Nope. I had to ask the nurse to show me how to breastfeed lol. Maybe the latch was improper, so my nipple was sore for few days. To make things worse, you can’t stop nursing from that sore nipple because you need to relieve the engorgement and the only effective way to do that is by breastfeed your baby. So you just bear the pain and wince when your baby is nursing. But no worries. You will survive this too. 


Speaking of engorgement, it can be quite painful. OK honestly I don’t really remember if it is really painful or not haha. But it will be a discomfort. And if you are unlucky, you can even get mastitis. Oh oh even if you having letdown - where your milk starts oozing out from your nipple - can be quite uncomfortable. Tingling sensation. 


While we are on the topic of breastfeeding, did you know that breastfeeding can help in contracting your uterus to the pre-pregnancy state? So you will feel contraction almost every time you breastfeed. It is slightly more painful than (my) period pain but less painful than (my) contraction pain. 


So I think that’s all for now. Is there anyone still reads my blog? What should I write next? How I had postpartum blues during my confinement? Or is it getting boring reading about my pregnancy (and post pregnancy)?


Anyways. Hopefully I can see you guys in next post. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know that you want to.